5 Greatest LEGO Advertising Campaigns

August 29, 2016 4 Comments A+ a-

Many people complain about advertising, because ads can be very annoying sometimes. I am one of those people who try to perceive non sense ads as little as possible and do not give them more attention than necessary. But there are also cool ads that stand out of the crowd ... are creative and funny and strives to tell you something in the clever way. I give them my full attention ! :)
You can guess twice to which of these two groups LEGO advertising belongs ? Annoying or Cool ? Well, if you have seen at least a few LEGO ads you will definitely know the answer. Cool, of course. :)

There are a few eye catching LEGO ads campaigns that I would like to share with you today.

1) What it is is beautiful  
I will start with the very famous 1980's ads about children who build for fun. This campaign makes no difference between "girls" and "boys", just "children".
1980's LEGO ads 
1980's LEGO ads
2) How do you say "Imagination" without saying it ?
2006 campaign known as - How do you say "Imagination" without saying it ? demonstrates the power of imagination. Very bright idea.  
2006 "How do you say Imagination without saying it ?" as
3) Words puzzle
2011 campaign "Words puzzle" was another amazing idea. 
2011 "Words Puzzle" ad
4) Imagine
This took me a while to get it. :) 2012 "Imagine" campaign. Very funny and creative.
2012 "Imagine" campaign
5) All children are artists with LEGO 
2013 campaign with the slogan "All children are artists with LEGO" recreates famous works of art. Excellent idea. Probably worth less than original masterpieces but looks perfectly anyway.
2013 "All children are artists with LEGO" campaign
Those are my 5 favourite LEGO advertising campaigns. I think that most of these ideas would look perfectly as framed posters on the wall in my living room. :)

Do you like LEGO advertising campaigns ?
I will be happy for your comments below. 

4 komentářů

Write komentářů
Anonymous
AUTHOR
30 August 2016 at 07:01 delete

I have a small simple Lego set (5-6 bricks (yellow and orange), one brick have eyes). It came with no instruction, no picture.
Basically, each of my kids perceived it is a yellow ducky, hence they start to build the yellow ducky with orange beak and feet, BUT, each of them built a different variation of yellow ducky even though they are using the same bricks.

This is the essence of Lego. Imagination.

... one even built a Bunny

Reply
avatar
Lego Girl
AUTHOR
30 August 2016 at 22:22 delete

Hey Anonymous :)
Thanks for your comment ! That is a great example of what I understand behind "Imagination" about which Lego talks in their ads.

Reply
avatar
OhioBricker
AUTHOR
31 August 2016 at 03:19 delete

I saw a TV commercial a few months ago about Dads, their kids, and LEGO, but I generally don't seem to come across LEGO advertising outside of the LEGO Store and the blogs I read.
I do remember an ad campaign back in the 80s with Zack the LEGO Maniac, though.

Reply
avatar
Lego Girl
AUTHOR
31 August 2016 at 09:37 delete

Yeah, me neither. LEGO is not the type of company that advertises on every corner.

Reply
avatar